ROAD TRAIN DRIVERS | MC LICENCED
Legune Station is located 120km North East of Kununurra on 306,000 hectares of private land in the Joseph Bonaparte Gulf, bordering Western Australia and the picturesque Kimberley region. Legune Station runs 35,000 head of high-grade Brahman cattle and produces 4,000 Tonne per annum of quality hay with approximately 20 staff located at the station. The region boasts some of the best fishing in Australia and provides easy access to top attractions such as Lake Argyle, the Bungle Bungles and El Questro just to name a few!
Until Position Filled
We have multiple MC Driver roles available, these will be full time fixed term for the season and will be based at Legune Station. The roles will support the operations at Legune and also our 3 properties at Katherine including Manbulloo Station, Sturt Downs Station and Scott Creek Station.
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full time fixed term contract roles, with competitive daily rate.
- Private single accommodation with air-con, meals and Wi-Fi included.
- Beautiful location 120km NE of Kununurra on the WA/NT border.
- Explore the best tourist spots in the region in your free time!
- Great community feel with fellow station team members.
- Opportunities to attend social events including race days, rodeos and explore the beautiful Kimberley region.
One MC Driver role will be responsible for transporting commodities from Kununurra to Legune Station and to our other cattle stations at Katherine, NT. The role will operate flat top trailers and side tippers to deliver commodities for the stations and will transport goods required for station development projects.
The other MC Drivers will be working at Legune Station to support the planned development projects for the station including the NT Government's approved Project Sea Dragon, the project is a large-scale land-based prawn farming operation.
To be considered for these roles you must have:
- Previous experience operating road trains.
- Current MC drivers licence.
- Licences for loader and grader highly regarded.
- Experience performing basic maintenance on trucks and trailers.
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised.
- Have a commitment to safe work practices.
AAMIG | 20220428