Clein’s Horse Transport is a family owned company operating out of Toowoomba on the Darling Downs, who pride themselves on operating well maintained, quality equipment and providing a safe, enjoyable workplace.
We have horse trucks travelling throughout Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and the Northern Territory.
Full-Time & Casual
Daily Rate: $325 and $360
Until Position Filled
We are currently seeking 2 HC (Heavy Combination) licenced drivers and 1 HR (Heavy Rigid) licenced drivers for our modern fleet of horse trucks travelling throughout QLD, NSW, VIC and the NT.
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
The Driver will be required to:
- Handle horses in a low stress manner. (load, unload, provide feed and water overnight)
- Provide a high level of care and attention to horses and equipment.
- Liaise with clients and fellow employees.
- Be well presented at all times.
- Drive to a safe & professional standard
- Complete paperwork, including logbooks and trip sheets to a satisfactory level.
- Complete daily pre-start checks
- Drive distance and be away from home for periods of time
- Reside in reasonable proximity to Toowoomba.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a current HC driver’s licence, however HC/MC would be an advantage
- Have a high level of experience working with horses in a low stress manne.
- Possess a positive can-do attitude & strong work ethic
- Demonstrate attention to detail and good customer relation skills
- Provide an acceptable driving record
- Be physically fit, healthy & willing to undertake and clear a full Medical and drug & alcohol fitness assessment
The daily rate varies between $325 and $360 depending on the person ($55/night paid whilst away).