Diamond Cattle Co is a family operated cattle breeding & backgrounding business, with properties in Northern, Western & Southern QLD. This position is based on “Warrowa”, 26kms west of Moonie.
Warrowa is a 9,000acre mix of forage cropping, improved pasture & natural grasses used to background cattle, bound for the feedlots.
An excellent salary is on offer
Until Position Filled
The position requires a self-motivated couple/family with experience in growing crops & managing background cattle. If cropping, pasture development & cattle are your passion, Warrowa could be your new home. The Moonie community offers a great primary school, with school bus pickup from the front gate, as well a strong social mecca through the local sports club.
A family/couple to care and call this property their home
A long-term rewarding career & challenge
Become an interictal part of a successful cattle enterprise
Work with a family who truly value their staff & the effort they put in
Attend workshops/seminars/training to upskill for both personal & business development
Enjoy being part of a great local community
Local Primary School located 26km away at Moonie with school bus pickup from front gate
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing/Implementing a cropping & pasture program. The cropping is completed in house, so spraying, sowing crops & working country will be your responsibility
- Managing the cattle including all hands-on facets
- Completing all machinery maintenance
- Completing all farm maintenance
- Communicating with owners, contractors, truckies etc
- This is very much a hands-on roll
- Extensive experience in operating all types of machinery for preparing & sowing crops
- Experience in machinery maintenance & mechanics
- Cattle handling experience including general cattle health and husbandry skills
- HC Truck Licence an advantage. Must be willing to attain this otherwise
- Very good communication & record keeping skills
- Honest, self-motivated, trustworthy & reliable
- A desire to call Warrowa home
A lovely 4-bedroom homestead, with newly renovated kitchen & established garden surroundings
Primary School bus is available from the front gate
All weather access to homestead off Moonie Highway
Excellent farm infrastructure including machinery sheds, flowing bore, gravel airstrip, steel cattle yards, fencing all under 20 years old & some internal gravel roads
An excellent salary is on offer, based on experience & qualifications to the successful applicants. However, it is not all about money as we understand having security, job satisfaction, career development & ultimately being part of a supportive team are all part of achieving a long-lasting relationship.
Applicants MUST present send a cover letter, resume with 2 or more contactable references. Without these your application will NOT be considered.
For further info please contact Tom McLeish 0427 580 490 or email@example.com
REF | DCC | 20221102