KOOJAN DOWNS | MOORA
Harvest Road Group’s vision is to deliver Australia’s best sustainable produce to the world. We are an expanding agri-food business with a growing portfolio of fine food and beverage brands for domestic and international markets, exporting to over 40 countries. We are a family-owned business committed to improving animal welfare and strives towards industry leadership throughout a vertically integrated beef business and our aquaculture operations. We take pride in producing beef that you can feel good about.
Until Position Filled
Our animal welfare, ethical farming practices and local sourcing means we are striving for the maximum standard that is uncompromising.
Our new Koojan Downs feeding facility north of Perth has created an integrated beef supply chain from the north to southwest of Western Australia and is based on best-practice ecological planning and animal welfare management.
Our cattle are raised as nature intended, in one of the world’s cleanest environments. We believe this is the way beef should be and through our end-to-end supply chain we are able to uphold this quality – from breeding to farming, feeding and processing.
We are currently seeking energetic Livestock Hands to join our expanding business. Working on a 10:4 permanent roster, these roles will be a part of a team to operate the feeding facility near Moora, WA. This is WA’s largest feeding facility and is designed to supply Harvest Road’s processing facility, Harvey Beef.
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist and support in all day-to-day livestock operations at Koojan Downs, including stock husbandry, all aspects of cattle health
- Unload and load cattle into and out of the facility for processing
- Pen riding to observe the welfare of the animals daily
- Trough cleaning and maintenance of water infrastructure
- Administering medicine or performing simple welfare tasks on an animal
- Record movements and treatments of animals
- Other duties as required
Reporting to the Livestock Supervisor this opportunity will suit a self-motivated person who is hands on and is passionate about the agriculture industry. You will have a strong work ethic and be willing to learn and contribute to the team.
- Driver’s licence and own transport
- Two suitable working horses
- Be a capable and experienced rider
- Willingness to work on a roster basis
- Constantly demonstrate commitment to safe working practices and animal welfare
- Able to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Motivated and willing to contribute to the Harvest Road team culture
- Basic computer literacy
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with agricultural legal compliance
- Experience working with feeding yard management systems
The business endeavours to provide a safe, encouraging and family-oriented work environment to all staff, to ensure you have the necessary support to achieve your best results. We are constantly evolving, with long-term career opportunities across various business units within the Harvest Road group available for successful candidates with the right attitude.
For further details about the role, please call Elise Woods on 0497 945 962 . Otherwise, apply now if you are keen to join one of Western Australia's largest agri-food businesses.