KOOJAN DOWNS | MOORA
Harvest Road Group’s vision is to deliver Australia’s finest sustainable produce to the world. We are an expanding agri-food business with a growing portfolio of fine food and beverage brands for domestic and international markets, exporting to over 40 countries. We are a family-owned business committed to improving animal welfare and strives towards industry leadership throughout a vertically integrated beef business and our aquaculture operations. We take pride in producing beef that you can feel good about.
Until Position Filled
Our new Koojan Downs feeding facility north of Perth has created an integrated beef supply chain from the north to southwest of Western Australia and is based on best-practice ecological planning and animal welfare management.
Our cattle are raised as nature intended, in one of the world’s cleanest environments. We believe this is the way beef should be and through our end-to-end supply chain we are able to uphold this quality – from breeding to farming, feeding and processing. Our animal welfare, ethical farming practices and local sourcing means we are striving for the maximum standard that is uncompromising.
We are currently seeking an energetic Mill Operator/Feedmill Hand to join our expanding business. This role includes grain receivals, tempering and milling of cereal grains daily, as well as maintenance of the milling infrastructure. Working on a 10:4 permanent roster, this role will be a part of a team to operate the feeding facility near Moora, WA. This is WA’s largest feeding facility and is designed to supply Harvest Road’s processing facility, Harvey Beef.
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate a modern, automated grain tempering mill, including meeting KPI targets
- Operating feed trucks and mixer bins to load, mix and deliver feed as required
- Operating mainly front-end loaders, telehandlers, skid steers and tractors with attachments
- Performing safety and maintenance checks on machinery, reporting on any issues
- General machinery and feedlot maintenance
Reporting to the Feedmill Supervisor this opportunity will suit a self-motivated person who is hands on and is passionate about the agriculture industry. You will have a strong work ethic and be willing to learn and contribute to the team. We’re looking for someone who has strong attention to detail, an interest in production targets, some record keeping aptitude, and who is reliable and honest.
- Ability to operate and service machinery
- C Class Driver’s licence and own transport
- Ability to undertake manual handling tasks
- Willingness to work on a roster basis
- Constantly demonstrate commitment to safe work practices and animal welfare
- Able to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Motivated and willing to contribute to the Harvest Road team culture
- HR or MC licence
- Mechanically minded
The business endeavours to provide a safe, encouraging and family-oriented work environment to all staff, to ensure you have the necessary support to achieve your best results. We are constantly evolving, with long-term career opportunities across various business units within the Harvest Road group available for successful candidates with the right attitude. Potential incentives are available for the right person.
You will be joining a team and a company that is committed to changing the agribusiness industry. Together we can lift the bar and ensure Australia leads and feeds the world ethically.
For further details about the role, please call Elise Woods on 0497 945 962 . Otherwise, apply now if you are keen to join one of Western Australia's largest agri-food businesses.
HARVEST ROAD | 20220401 | READ 20220427