McCoys Well Station
We are Jumbuck–one of Australia’s largest sheep and cattle producers, with properties across Australia. We have a broad range of jobs for station workers, and a passion for supporting our staff to develop their careers within the pastoral industry.
Established in 1888, the MacLachlan family begun growing wool at Paratoo Station, near Yunta, South Australia.
We are a proud, family-run and wholly Australian-owned business, producing natural and sustainable livestock and wool to Australia and the world.
It’s our love of the land, pride in our people and care for our livestock that defines us. Our properties and staff are diverse and we hold a strong commitment to sound livestock and land care management.
Current employment opportunities vary, but a love of the Australian outback and its lifestyle, a sense of adventure, the reward that comes from overcoming a challenge and the ability to forge lifelong friendships are a must.
Until Position Filled
We seek a Manager for McCoys Well Station located in the northeast pastoral region of SA, running around 14,000 head of Merino sheep over 145,000 acres in 9” rainfall country. The station lies 60km from Peterborough, with the beautiful Clare Valley wine region a little further on and roughly 3 hours from Adelaide. It is well developed and maintained with suitably planned paddocks and infrastructure. Watering points are a combination of mill and solar with water moved via header tanks and some 70kms of pipeline.
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will also provide mentoring and training to staff, hold responsibility for the timely service and maintenance of station plant and equipment, waters and fences.
- The position receives direct administrative support from head office in areas such as HR and recruitment, WorkCover and WH&S, purchasing, transport and logistics.
- You will also have a direct line of access to Directors.
Further questions, please contact HR on 08 8100 1609.
- McCoys Well offers a semi-furnished, large 3-bedroom stone house homestead with aircon, internet, established gardens and lawn with water provided via a house dam.
- An airstrip is nearby and the compound also homes an outfitted workshop, machinery shed, spare parts room, separate 2-bedroom cottage (staff use), dog cages and car shed.
Updated 20220224 | 2022040