This is a great opportunity for a person that wants a job that has endless variety. Situated between the Douglas and the iconic Daly Rivers, the Douglas Daly Research Farm is a mixed farming research and demonstration facility focusing on beef cattle production and improved pasture development and performance.
Technical Officer 2 - Remuneration Package Range $70,600 - $80,038
You’ll assist the Farm Manager in the daily farm activities of livestock handling, data collection and maintenance of farm facilities and equipment.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 14th June 2022
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities include (see job description for full list):
- Operation and maintenance of station machinery and equipment.
- Maintenance of station infrastructure including spraying, mowing, grounds and tree maintenance.
- Undertake day-to-day coordination of the Douglas Daly Research Farm livestock and data collection activities.
- Undertake accurate data recording activities and maintain farm records.
- Assist the Farm Manager to support extension activities such as field days and demonstrations.
- Assist in farm development activities including ground and infrastructure maintenance.
- Be familiar with and adhere to safe work practices and willing to work outside of standard hours when required.
Essential selection criteria includes (see job description for full list):
- An appropriate Qualification in Agriculture or a related field or considerable relevant experience.
- Experience with farm operations, livestock handling, data collection, storage and management.
- An understanding of animal husbandry and agricultural practices.
- A strong ability to handle cows and calves in a low stress manner and experience with assisted calving.
- Proven experience in grounds maintenance and the operation and maintenance of farm machinery.
Employment comes with an air-conditioned two-bedroom unit on site as you reside as part of a team on farm.
To find out more about the role, please contact Jamie Marschall, Farm Manager on 0408 629 401 or firstname.lastname@example.org | Quote vacancy number: 12914 | When applying please note:
Atomic NT Gov 20220531