PLB Contract Mustering is looking to fill a limited number of positions for the 2022 season. PLB operates 4 contract mustering camps across the Northern Territory and Western Australia with a staff base of approx. 38 employees. Due to increased job demands are looking to fill stock staff vacancies and a camp cook ASAP.
Until Position Filled
Position also available for a cook who is wanting to work in the stock camp. This would involve sharing a cooking and stock camp role with another person. Approximately 60% camp cooking and 40% working in the contract mustering team.
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cooking for 7 - 10 people daily for a contract mustering team throughout the Kimberley and Pilbara regions of WA.
- Position involves camping out and cooking in a modern mobile camp kitchen.
- Required to prepare lunch and cooked dinners and tend to jobs around the camp.
- Position available to people with limited to no experience (as long as you can cook!) and people requiring Visa rural work.
- Will be able to work in a team environment and be apart of a happy work culture.
- Must have experience with cattle and mustering with motorbike and horse riding skills advantageous.
- Maintain the highest levels of animal welfare.
- Be highly respectful towards equipment and their colleagues.
- Engaged and eager to learn and develop their own skills, as well as pass skills on to those around them.
- Willing to live and work in very remote areas, be ready for the heat and hard work.
- Be well presented with a sense of professionalism.
A close knit, supportive team
Regular employee engagement activities outside of work including local camp drafts and rodeos attended and competed in during time off.
Good camp conditions with staff members either bringing their own transportable accommodation or sleeping in their swag.
Above award wages paid based on age and experience.
Positions open to both male and female applicants with options for both TFN and ABN employment.
Dogs welcome providing they are unseen and unheard.
Only applications via email with a clear concise resume and 2 current references names and contact numbers will be considered - references will be checked. If these are not supplied your application will not be considered.
PLB | REF 20220422