PLB Contract Mustering is looking to fill a limited number of positions for the 2022 season. PLB operates 4 contract mustering camps across the Northern Territory and Western Australia with a staff base of approx. 38 employees. Due to increased job demands are looking to fill stock staff vacancies and a camp cook ASAP.
Until Position Filled
We are looking for employees available for an immediate start, could wait a few weeks for the right candidate.
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- There is a limited amount of horse work available within the company with most of the mustering being done on motor bikes and bull catchers, with both branded and clean skin cattle being processed.
- Successful candidates will spend the season living in mobile camps with camp conditions being clean and modern.
- Will be able to work in a team environment and be apart of a happy work culture.
- Must have experience with cattle and mustering with motorbike and horse riding skills advantageous.
- Maintain the highest levels of animal welfare.
- Be highly respectful towards equipment and their colleagues.
- Engaged and eager to learn and develop their own skills, as well as pass skills on to those around them.
- Willing to live and work in very remote areas, be ready for the heat and hard work.
- Be well presented with a sense of professionalism.
A close knit, supportive team
Regular employee engagement activities outside of work including local camp drafts and rodeos attended and competed in during time off.
Good camp conditions with staff members either bringing their own transportable accommodation or sleeping in their swag.
Above award wages paid based on age and experience.
Positions open to both male and female applicants with options for both TFN and ABN employment.
Dogs welcome providing they are unseen and unheard.
Only applications via email with a clear concise resume and 2 current references names and contact numbers will be considered - references will be checked. If these are not supplied your application will not be considered.
PLB | REF 20220422