Fixed-Wing Pilot & Station Hand
Hancock Agriculture, combining Hancock Pastoral, Wagyu Operations & S. Kidman & Co. Pty Ltd, has a long history in agriculture with more than 20 properties across Australia, spanning around six million hectares. With a herd of over 230,000, we are proudly one of the country’s largest producers of Wagyu and commercial cattle. As a combined business, we offer our people the unique opportunity to be part of a vertically integrated farming operation, which means we own every step of the process, from breeding, backgrounding, and grainfeeding, through to sales of finished product, to ensure the highest standards of animal husbandry, traceability and quality assurance are performed.
Until Position Filled
Helen Springs Station, situated in the Barkly Tablelands in the NT, is a 5,600km2 breeding property which runs up to 27,000 head of cattle. The nearest town is Tennant Creek. Mustering operations and general station work intertwines with social events across the NT. Lush green gardens and lawns surround the station complex, which includes a swimming pool and social club. At Helen Springs, our team enjoys a friendly and supportive workplace where career and personal growth is encouraged
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- aerial stock mustering
- checking of stock and facilities
- flying company staff between properties
- when not engaged in aerial operations you will work as a Station Hand, assisting with day-to-day station activities including working with livestock
- adherence to regulatory requirements and the company’s safety and operational standards.
- CASA Commercial Pilot Licence Aeroplane - CPL(A)
- Aircraft class rating for Single Engine Aeroplane - (SEA)
- Minimum of 300 hours of total flying time and 100 hours of pilot in command time
- Appropriate endorsements and/or type ratings for aircraft to be flown
- Current Class 1 and/or Class 2 Aviation Medical
- Current Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Experience handling livestock and on-ground mustering
- Remote and regional area aviation experience as a single pilot.
- Air-conditioned accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team and community environment
How to apply
Apply online via S. Kidman & Co. website; or email email@example.com quoting SK-HSP-PSH-22.
Please include your current resume with referees and a cover letter.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture
or S. Kidman & Co.