A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has an exceptional opportunity available for an experienced Machinery Operator to join our cattle station operations at Durham Downs, QLD. We are open to applicants who wish to being employed on a permanent full-time or casual / seasonal basis.
Until Position Filled
Durham Downs Station is situated in the Channel Country of south west Queensland. The nearest towns are Thargomindah and Quilpie.
The property spans 892,791 hectares and runs approximately 17,000 head of cattle. Located on the western bank of the Cooper Creek the property is serviced by an outstation (Woomanooka) on the eastern side, which provides a good base for mustering and allows for two smaller stock camps to work independently or combine for mustering.
In a friendly, inclusive and respectful work environment, all team members are valued and play an integral role in the successful and smooth running of the station.
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Station Manager, the Machinery Operator will be responsible for the servicing and maintaining a Cat 12g grader and Cat 950g loader. The operator will be required to maintain station roads, fence lines, airstrips, fire breaks, de-silting dams and wingbank repairs along with erosion control and all other general earthmoving jobs as required. If MC licence is held at times some road train work but will be minimal.
- Relevant earth works experience operating a Grader (ticketed preferred)
- General station and machinery maintenance experience
- Ability to observe general property needs, i.e. fencing, livestock health
- Good understanding of animal welfare practices
- Ability to work alone to a safe standard
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Strong ethic towards keeping machinery and camp in a tidy and orderly fashion
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace
- A current Heavy Ridge (HR) licence
- Hold a current Class C driver’s licence
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation at the homestead and modern self-contained camp with
- kitchen, air conditioning and shower
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team and community environment
How to apply
- apply online; or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting SKW-DD-MO. Please include your current resume
- with referees and a cover letter.
For more information on the position contact Nathan or Jodie on (07) 4655 4366.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.
SKW-DD-MO | CL 20221006 | RP 20230119