A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has an exceptional opportunity available for a Station Hand to join our operations at Naryilco Station, Queensland.
Until Position Filled
Naryilco Station is situated in the Channel Country of south west Queensland. Covering 7,510km2, the station has an average carrying capacity of 12,000 head of primarily Santa Gertrudis cattle. We grain feed many of our Santa Gertrudis, the product is excellent, one we can be proud of. The station has a friendly, supportive and dedicated team of approximately ten staff who conduct a wide variety of tasks that ensures the smooth running of the station.
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Station Manager, your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Mustering cattle using horses and bikes
- Attending to all facets of cattle husbandry and processing
- Carrying out general station maintenance and repairs, including fencing and welding
- Undertaking general vehicle and machinery operation and basic maintenance
- Assisting with land and environmental management practices
- Training will also be provided.
- Experience in the movement, handling and processing of cattle, using calm methods with the advantage of
- digitalised communication, improved weaner cradles, cattle crushes and yard shading
- Sound horsemanship and motorbike skills
- Fencing, stock water and general maintenance skills
- Competent operation of various station machinery/equipment and carry out basic maintenance
- A strong work ethic and commitment to working safely
- Good understanding of animal welfare practices
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace
- Hold a current Class C driver’s licence (truck licence an advantage, or be willing to obtain)
- Hold a Motorbike Licence (preferred or be willing to obtain)
- A genuine passion for Agriculture
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team and community environment.
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
How to apply
- apply online via S Kidman website; or
- email email@example.com quoting SKW-NAR-SH. Please include your current resume with referees and a cover letter.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co